The role of a Financial Services Representative (FSR) is to help people accomplish their most important financial goals more efficiently. Once a strategy has been agreed upon, your role will be to consult with clients and implement the necessary products and services. This career is not based on one-size fits all solutions but rather on a consultative approach to understanding and building relationships with clients. Unlike other careers you are not limited in income potential, marketplace, personal and financial growth, time spent and hours kept. A career as a Financial Service Representative offers an unbeatable potential combination of personal and professional rewards that is increasingly hard to find in a traditional business environment.
Join us and have a career that allows people with an independent nature to experience it all – performance based compensation and personal freedom. A profession in the financial services industry provides you with the personal satisfaction of knowing that you can make a positive impact on people's lives, and enjoy a flexible schedule, excellent training and outstanding benefits.
The Career: Sample Day
Whether you're just starting out, considering a mid-career change, or are an experienced producer, we offer a range of lifetime-learning opportunities that meet your current skill set. We can also help you further meet your long-term career goals. Customized training and educational programs are provided throughout the different phases of your career.
As a guiding mentor, we're there for you at each step of your development, showing you new and innovative approaches to learning that can have a positive impact on your practice and clients. We offer programs designed to help you stay ahead throughout your career, including:
- Joint work
- Instructor-led classes
- Training workshops and seminars
- Assistance obtaining licenses
- Mentoring programs
- Continuing education discounts
- Activity tracking system
And if you're already a seasoned professional, we'll propel you forward with:
- Tools for building your practice
- Business plan development
- Advanced skills training
- 24/7 online self-study courses
- Online virtual learning library
- Professional designations reimbursements such as ChFC and CLU
- Field software and selling systems
Our goal is to provide a customized learning experience instead of a one-size-fits-all approach to training. Whether this means you are led by an instructor or you go through our resources at your own pace, you'll have an opportunity to improve and expand your knowledge base.
The Career: Training
Who knew a day at the office could be so rewarding? Anyone will tell you that if there's honor in what you do, it can make a world of difference. Our Financial Services Representatives take pride in their credibility as trusted business professionals who help others. Feel great about what you do and about all of the rewards you get for doing good work.
Your specific compensation* is based on your particular product mix and production level. Compensation varies by product line. We competitively offer:
- Full match of annual Social Security & Medicare contributions
- Vested residual income
- Performance-based incentive compensation
- Allowances, bonuses, and awards
The Career: Rewards
Your earnings are just one part of a total compensation package. How about a benefits package that can help give peace of mind to you and the ones you love.
We know that in order to recruit and retain top talent, we need to offer an outstanding array of benefits. Benefits available to eligible* Financial Services Representatives include:
- Medical coverage plus Dental and Vision
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Health Spending Accounts (HSA)
- Total Retirement Savings Program ( 401(k) and non-qualified thrift plan)
- Top Producer Incentives
- Adoption Assistance
* Eligibility applies only to those Financial Services Representatives who hold a full-time career contract with a General Agent of Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company and who satisfy certain production requirements. Eligibility for subsidized benefits and before-tax coverage is based on meeting certain production requirements. Benefit Plan provisions are subject to modification or termination. This material does not imply your eligibility for any one or all of the plans or programs described.
Additional Career topics:
Resources & Technology